Accept Chase Paymentech Gift Cards in Your Online Store
Chase Paymentech Gift Cards Gift Cards are merchant-specific physical gift cards that may be sold and redeemed both online and in a retail store. If you have one or more retail stores, Chase Paymentech Gift Cards may be more appropriate than Nexternal's Gift Certificates, as the later may only be sold and redeemed online.
Chase Paymentech Gift Cards may be sold in the Online Store just like any other product. It is best to create gift cards as products using BID pricing (to allow customers to specify the value of the gift cards they purchase) or SKU pricing (to offer gift cards in specified amounts only). To activate a card once purchased, you may access the Gift Card Terminal from the bottom of the Order Detail screen in the Order Management System and initiate an Activate transaction; activate the card via your in-store terminal; or activate the card via your virtual Paymentech terminal.
Chase Paymentech Gift Cards may be redeemed in the Online Store via the Redeem Gift Card button (specified at Layout/Buttons in the Order Management System, once Chase Paymentech Gift Cards are in use) in the Shopping Cart. The actual charge against the cards's value may occur immediately upon order placement, if the Redeem Upon Order Placement option, found on the Chase Paymentech Gift Card Preferences (Company/Compatible Software/FlexCache Gift Cards/Preferences) screen, is on; via the Process Order Payment button on the Order List and Detail screens in the Order Management System; via Batch Processing (Orders/Batch Process); or by initiating a Redemption transaction from the Gift Card Terminal, available from the bottom of the Order Detail screen.
If you wish to get started with Chase Paymentech Gift Cards, please contact Jim Cho (858-346-1163 Chase Paymentech, and mention that you are a Nexternal customer. To activate Chase Paymentech Gift Cards, enter your Chase Paymentech Gift Cards Merchant ID in the field provided at Company/Compatible Software.
- Gift Certificates and Chase Paymentech Gift Cards are mutually exclusive -- i.e. only one may be used per order -- and provide overlapping functionality. Therefore, if you are using Chase Paymentech Gift Cards, it is recommended that you not use Gift Certificates. If you have been using Gift Certificates and wish to switch to Chase Paymentech Gift Cards, it is recommended that you deactivate Gift Certificates and turn on the Allow Gift Certificates option on the FlexCache Gift Cards Preferences screen. This will allow existing recipients of Gift Certificate to redeem them while preventing the purchase of any new Gift Certificates.
- The Chase Paymentech Gift Cards Preferences screen contains several options that may be used to customize the functionality and presentation of Chase Paymentech Gift Cards. It is strongly recommended that you carefully review the options on the Preferences screen if you wish to use FlexCache.
- Only one Chase Paymentech Gift Card may be redeemed per order.
- You may send a customer into the BtoC Online Store and activate a Chase Paymentech Gift Card via a link of the form http://www.nexternal.com/fairway/?GiftCard=GCN, where GCN represents the Gift Card Number. Similarly, the equivalent BtoB link takes the form http://www.nexternal.com/busfairway/?GiftCard=GCN. In either case, if you wish to include a Gift Card PIN, add &GiftCardPIN=GCPIN to the end fo the link, where GCPIN represents the Gift Card PIN.
- The Gift Card Terminal, available from the Order Detail screen in the Order Management System, may be used to initiate every type of Chase Paymentech Gift Card Transaction, including Redemption, Refund, Reversal, Activate, DeActivate, ReActivate, and Add Value transactions; and Balance Inquiries.
- You may view a summary of Gift Card transactions initiated in the Online Store or Order Management System for any time period that you designate via the Gift Card Report (Orders/Report).
- Your Online Store and Order Management system are compatible only with Chase Paymentech Gift Cards on Paymentech's Tampa platform. Chase Paymentech Gift Cards on Paymentech's Salem platform are not supported.
To see a demo of how Nexternal's eCommerce platform works with Paymentech Gift Cards, please fill out the form below and a Nexternal Rep will contact you: